Summary of the role
- Conduct accurate and robust data analysis, answer key questions, and help deliver the Newsworks programme of thought leadership that demonstrates the value of news brands to advertisers and agencies.
- Support client services and the wider Newsworks teams with analysis and reporting requirements.
- Work closely with Newsworks publisher stakeholders and the wider industry to drive the news brand agenda and collaborate on industry research and the measurement ecosystem.
What we are looking for
- Someone who is enthusiastic and proactive with 5+ years’ experience in a research or insight role, ideally (but not essential) from a media owner, media agency or research agency background.
- Someone who is both strategic and analytical.
- A multitasker who gets stuff done – running multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- A can-do attitude, wanting to make a positive difference whilst also having fun!
- A self-starter, with the desire to work as part of a small team.
- Someone who is inquisitive about the media industry, journalism, news, and advertising.
- A passion and a belief in the importance of news brands and journalism.
Skills you should have
- High levels of numeracy and extensive experience of working with data and data systems.
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines.
- Confident communicator – written and verbal.
- Confident and sensitive interpersonal and collaboration skills, both internally and externally.
- Ability to use data for storytelling.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytical and desk research skills.
- Strong MS office skills (Excel / PowerPoint etc.)
Specific tasks to include (but not limited to)
- Responsible for analysing and reporting on all industry data releases using media tools and systems such as PAMCo, IPSOS-iris, IPA TouchPoints, and RAM. Training provided for all systems should it be required.
- Using industry data to produce compelling insight and stories that support the industry narrative of Journalism Matters, highlighting growth and promoting news brands.
- Conduct detailed client and competitor analysis.
- Support the data analysis and reporting needs of the wider Newsworks team, clients, or agencies.
- Write compelling data-led stories for the Newsworks website and industry newsletter.
- Support and help to deliver the Newsworks thought leadership insight programme that champions the agreed strategy and narrative of journalism matters and the growth of news brands.
- Support the project development and execution of thought leadership with excellent organisation and administration, ensuring each interim stage of projects are delivered on time.
- Cultivate strong relationships with publisher insight teams, organising and minuting regular meetings and communication, and working together to tackle industry issues.
- Build strong industry relationships with research agency suppliers.
- Attend and report on industry events.
What We Offer
- A friendly and positive working environment.
- A competitive salary (£35,000 – £40,000), 10% bonus scheme and AVIVA pension scheme.
- 26 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays), with enhanced holiday entitlement after two years’ service.
- Group Life Assurance and Income Protection to financially support your loved ones if you no longer can.
- Interactive apps with a range of rewards and discounts to treat yourself.
- Professional development and training, including budget for relevant courses.
- Commitment to support a healthy work/life balance through a mix of office-based and remote hybrid working.
We’re the marketing body for the UK’s national news publishers. We champion the importance of a free press and lead collaboration across the industry to support the future for trusted journalism.
Newsworks’ goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
How to apply
- Please send your CV and a covering letter to Sorcha Garduce.
- Closing date – June 26th